What do the first American Private Eyes have in common with classic Jordan “retro” sneakers?
I’m glad you asked, because that’s where I start in my newest essay featured in this month’s edition of Crimespree Magazine. Entitled “From Gunshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks”, it’s now available for your inquisitive mind over at: CrimespreeMagDotCom. Read it today, online or wait for the Crimespree Magazine dead-tree edition, to be available in stores near you real soon.
I’ll tell you a secret: you should check out those folks over at Crimespree Magazine. They’re the best at covering my understanding of the World of Crime Fiction. It’s my crime fiction and they’ve got it covered.
Back to my news! In my essay, “From Gumshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks”, I get into my own interest in Jordans. How my interest came about and just how many I currently own. What role they play in my writing process? How new protagonist Clara Donner wears her Jordans out on the courts of San Francisco when she plays pickup.
I hope you’ll give it a look over at Crimespree Magazine. Tell ’em YOUR BOY sent you!
- READ MY PUBLISHED ESSAY: “From Gumshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks“.
- THEY KNOW IT! Check out Crimespree Magazine and read their coverage of the World of Crime Fiction.
- YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT: subscribe to Crimespree Magazine!
- WHO’S CLARA DONNER? You mean you haven’t started EVERYONE PAYS? Get it over at AmazonDotCom.
- WHAT ARE “JORDANS” and how can I get me some? Answer: go buy ’em from NikeDotCom… or whomever!
The 1995 Classic Jordan XI, the shoe Michael Jordan wore during his BEST NBA SEASON (and my personal pick for best all-time sneaker) goes on sale tomorrow! “Hallelujah!” says this Revivalist… who’s very much interested in purchasing his own pair of the new Navy with GUM SOLES! But good luck buying yourself a pair. These Jordans are a limited release and only a handful of pairs will be sold off to drawing winners!
SEE HERE: Visit SneakerNewsDotCom for more pics of the desirable “NavyGum“.