July 24, 2016—Reading at Borderlands Books, San Francisco.
At 3PM that Sunday I’ll be reading a selection from my newest crime novel EVERYONE PAYS!
The lucky patrons at my all-time favorite bookstore: Borderlands Books will also get to ask YOUR BOY those burning questions and get that custom book inscription which makes all my novels just that much more special on your bookshelf!
Borderlands Books is located in San Francisco’s well-known Mission (District). It’s also the place that carried my crime novel JACK WAKES UP before it was picked up by Random House. Borderlands Books is special to the podcast community having hosted podcast authors and continually believing in our audiences LONG BEFORE anyone else. The store, located in San Francisco at 866 Valencia Street is also unique in that it only sells new and used books of the Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery and Horror genres.
Can’t make the event, but you seriously need that autographed edition? It’s covered! The fantastic staff at Borderlands Books are the to take your request! Simply call or email those folks, give them your details and I’ll make sure your personalized hard-cover is safely waiting for you.
Does anyone remember the reading with ‘El Siglericus Maximus’ (the ambitious FDO) at Borderlands Books? If so, I’d love to hear from you, join the Palms Mommas & Palms Daddies Facebook Group and share the memories!
- VISIT: Borderlands Books Website and learn about this unique bookstore that sells new and used books and carries only Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery and Horror genres.
- CHECK OUT: Borderlands Books Upcoming Events and Activities!
- SETH HARWOOD INSCRIPTIONS: Get your signed copies from Borderland Books! Simply call: (888) 893-4008 or email your personalization request to: Office@Borderlands-BooksDotCom.
- FACEBOOK EVENTS: Seth Harwood appearance and reading at Borderlands Books on July 24th, 2016. Let everyone know you’re coming!.
- SIGN-UP and JOIN “Harwood’s Palms Mammas and Palms Daddies” Facebook Group and leverage that social-media goodness.
- JOIN THE NATION: Get event and appearance updates direct from YOUR BOY.
Amazon / Thomas & Mercer have some COOL SUMMER DEALS this July!
With the first deal you can pick up a Kindle edition my whimsical science-fiction novel: AS MUCH PROTEIN AS AN EGG! It’s a writerly take on the great Kurt Vonnegut’s style and is only ¢.99 all July! Pick up a copy and enjoy!
Next is your opportunity to get a Kindle edition of THIS IS LIFE. This is the second book of the: Jack Palms Crime series and is marked down to just $1.99 for your device all month.
Lastly: a special deal for those crazy Brexit folks! With all the noise in politics and worry about the Pound, I suggest you pick up a nice mystery/thriller to take your mind off the problems. For just a single quid (or just £1 Pound Sterling) get your own Kindle edition of IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, just in case it’s unavailable in the future (kidding)!
Grab them up, tell your friends, and spread that discount-priced goodness!
~YOUR BOY, Seth Harwood.
- For those in the Brexit we salute you: IN BROAD DAYLIGHT for just one Pound (£1)!
- Science-Fiction Lovers: AS MUCH PROTEIN AS AN EGG is as cheap as an egg — ¢.99!
- Do you have a digital copy? THIS IS LIFE for just $1.99, why not put it on your device?
Seth Appears on “Not Old–Better”
Thanks to Paul Vogelzang for having me on his show!
It was great to sit down with Paul Vogelzang, the host of “Not Old–Better“, and talk about my newest crime novel EVERYONE PAYS. We also talked about podcasting, teaching, the successful processes of a professional writer and other career path trivia. Good times!
Paul’s got a great audience and I’m very happy to post this interview for both our followers! If you’re new to this blog: Join the Nation (my mailing list) and I’ll send you my Crime Blotter! It’s full of regular updates and news straight from YOUR BOY’s mouth!!
- LISTEN@LIBSYN: Check out YOUR BOY’s interview over at “Not Old–Better“.
- LISTEN TO MORE: “Not Old—Better”, excellent interviews by Paul Vogelzang.
- AVAILABLE@SOUNDCLOUD: another way to check out this talk.
- JOIN THE NATION: Sign-up for Seth Harwood’s Crime Blotter and get those regular updates straight from YOUR BOY!
- BUY THE BOOK: You know you want it—EVERYONE PAYS by Seth Harwood available from Amazon.
EXTENDED Q&A from the Mysterious Bookshop, NYC
I’M BACK!… with more from my live event at the Mysterious Bookshop this past May. New York City’s famous Mysterious Bookshop is your home (and mine) for all things crime fiction, and a regular stop on any crime novelist’s book tour. We had a great time that night that included a wonderful discussion about the writing process and craft, as well as how I created my newest characters: Clara Donner and Danny Hendricks. If you already have your copy of EVERYONE PAYS you know whom I’m talking about, if not go get your copy today!
Presented here is the whole video in full.
- JOIN THE NATION and SUBSCRIBE! Add yourself to my email list so you won’t miss an issue of Seth Harwood’s Crime Blotter.
- LISTEN: and catch the stream of the Extended Q&A Audio (without having to stare at your computer).
- DOWNLOAD: the Extended Q&A Audio and take the MP3 file with you.
- BBQ ESSENTIALS: buy extra copies of EVERYONE PAYS for all the summer Q’s you hit this year. (You know they’ll love it!)
- CHECK OUT: a REAL Bookstore! The Mysterious Bookshop of Manhattan has ALL THE GOODS! Anything you might love in the name of crime fiction!
You can also DOWNLOAD or STREAM the audio below. Have fun!
What do the first American Private Eyes have in common with classic Jordan “retro” sneakers?
I’m glad you asked, because that’s where I start in my newest essay featured in this month’s edition of Crimespree Magazine. Entitled “From Gunshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks”, it’s now available for your inquisitive mind over at: CrimespreeMagDotCom. Read it today, online or wait for the Crimespree Magazine dead-tree edition, to be available in stores near you real soon.
I’ll tell you a secret: you should check out those folks over at Crimespree Magazine. They’re the best at covering my understanding of the World of Crime Fiction. It’s my crime fiction and they’ve got it covered.
Back to my news! In my essay, “From Gumshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks”, I get into my own interest in Jordans. How my interest came about and just how many I currently own. What role they play in my writing process? How new protagonist Clara Donner wears her Jordans out on the courts of San Francisco when she plays pickup.
I hope you’ll give it a look over at Crimespree Magazine. Tell ’em YOUR BOY sent you!
- READ MY PUBLISHED ESSAY: “From Gumshoes to Gum Soles and Dicks to Kicks“.
- THEY KNOW IT! Check out Crimespree Magazine and read their coverage of the World of Crime Fiction.
- YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT: subscribe to Crimespree Magazine!
- WHO’S CLARA DONNER? You mean you haven’t started EVERYONE PAYS? Get it over at AmazonDotCom.
- WHAT ARE “JORDANS” and how can I get me some? Answer: go buy ’em from NikeDotCom… or whomever!
The 1995 Classic Jordan XI, the shoe Michael Jordan wore during his BEST NBA SEASON (and my personal pick for best all-time sneaker) goes on sale tomorrow! “Hallelujah!” says this Revivalist… who’s very much interested in purchasing his own pair of the new Navy with GUM SOLES! But good luck buying yourself a pair. These Jordans are a limited release and only a handful of pairs will be sold off to drawing winners!
MAY 12, 2016 — Seth Harwood reads from EVERYONE PAYS at Boston’s Noir @ the Bar
Trident Booksellers & Cafe’s ongoing author appreciation events bring a new installment to the long running national series Noir @ the Bar. Listen as Seth takes to the podium to read from the newest crime novel: EVERYONE PAYS.
This podcast features Chapter One of EVERYONE PAYS, taking you along for a homicide investigation into one of the city of San Fransisco’s uglier cases. Meet my newest protagonist: Clara Donner — Detective with the San Fransisco Police Department.
Check it all out over at ShoutEngineDotCom.
- STREAM: Seth Harwood reading from EVERYONE PAYS from “Noir @ the Bar”.
- SINGLE-CLICK DOWNLOAD: the May 12th podcast and get it right on your device.
- VISIT: Trident Booksellers & Cafe, Newbury Street in Boston.
- CHECK OUT: the calendar of upcoming events at Trident Booksellers and future Noir @ the Bar gatherings.
- BUY: your own copy of EVERYONE PAYS over at Amazon.
#Noir @ the Bar #EVERYONE PAYS #Amazon #Trident Booksellers & Cafe #CrimeWav #ShoutEngine
What’s in a name? Coming up with the title for EVERYONE PAYS.
I’m often asked how I come up with my book titles. For my newest novel: EVERYONE PAYS I had no shortage of ideas. Ultimately, one of the main characters from the novel led the way. In Chapter Nine, Father Michael is walking the streets of the Tenderloin and one particular phrase from his internal monologue stood out from all the other possibilities.
That’s where it came from, but you’ll have to read Chapter Nine to get the full context as to why this became my book title. Of course, EVERYONE PAYS wasn’t the only title in the running before publication. If you’re interested in learning a little about my creative process and my thoughts about choosing this title, check out this post. It’s a list of all my alternate book titles, and the full story of how EVERYONE PAYS earned its name.
- BUY EVERYONE PAYS at Amazon and read Father Michael’s story.
- LEARN MORE about how EVERYONE PAYS earned its moniker.